Land and Culture:
South + West Madeira Tour
Full Day Excursion
Madeira has a rich culture and unique history. Join us in a journey back in time, experience the beautiful and interesting past of Madeira, and taste the real Green Pearl of the Atlantic Ocean.
From Funchal we will drive to Madalena do Mar. There we will visit the Madeira’s Banana Co-operative, where you will be invited to learn about the Banana industry and the selection procedure followed by a 20 minute walk through the Banana plantation. Next we continue our journey with a short Levada walk at Prazeres (Levada Nova) that is suitable for all ages.
During the walk we will explain the history of the Levada and the water control on Madeira. A Traditional Lunch is included. The afternoon will be occupied with a visit to Ponta do Pargo and a visit to the lighthouse (1922), a visit to the sugar factory in Calheta (200 years old).
- 3 course Lunch;
- Transfer from and back to your hotel on a fully insured, well maintained vehicle;
- Multi-lingual and professionally certified guide.
- Madelena do Mar (Banana Co-operative + “Banana” Walk)
- Prazeres (Short Levada Walk)
- Ponta do Pargo (Lighthouse)
- Calheta (Sugar Factory)
- Serra d’Água (Poncha tasting)
To book this tour, please contact us.